Advanced Intermediate Reading & Discussion
In the Advanced Intermediate level, students will deepen their knowledge and enhance their English skills and fluency.
Using the newest edition of the best-selling 21 Century Reading series, this class will bring the world to the classroom through relevant topics, videos and visuals in collaboration with TEDTalks. This text helps learners to think and read critically to encourage a generation of informed global citizens.
In this class, students will:
- read and comprehend stories and expository passages
- read silently and out loud and summarize the ideas in the reading
- answer questions about the main idea, details, and examples
- skim a passage to identify the main idea and organization
- scan a passage to find details
- infer meaning based on context clues
- develop vocabulary and identify synonyms for new words
- engage in meaningful reading-based discussions with instructor and classmates
This class is also available in the following formats:
For Private or Small Group Lessons, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss scheduling options.