Advanced Intermediate Reading & Discussion
In the Advanced Intermediate level, students will deepen their knowledge and enhance their English skills and fluency.
Using the newest edition of the best-selling ReadAing Explorer series, this class will bring the world to the classroom through relevant topics, videos and visuals from the world-renowned National Geographic magazine. This text helps learners to think and read critically to encourage a generation of informed global citizens.
In this class, students will:
- read and comprehend stories and expository passages
- read silently and out loud and summarize the ideas in the reading
- answer questions about the main idea, details, and examples
- skim a passage to identify the main idea and organization
- scan a passage to find details
- infer meaning based on context clues
- develop vocabulary and identify synonyms for new words
- engage in meaningful reading-based discussions with instructor and classmates
This class is also available in the following formats:
For Private or Small Group Lessons, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss scheduling options.