Advanced Intermediate Reading & Discussion
In this special edition class of AI Reading, students read folktales from around the world, approximately 6-8 pages in length, across a variety of topics and themes. Students will expand their vocabulary and practice reading skills like predicting and inferring meaning. They will also engage in discussions about the plot, characters, and themes of the short stories and connect the stories to their own lives.In this class, students will:
- Read and comprehend folktales (approx. 6-8 pages long) from around the world
- Read silently and out loud and summarize the readings in their own words
- Identify the main elements of a story in each folktale (setting, characters, plot, conflict, theme)
- Answer questions about main idea and details
- Develop pre-reading skills (i.e., making predictions, setting a purpose for reading)
- Use graphic organizers to present plot summaries and character sketches
- Develop vocabulary and infer meaning of new words based on context clues
- Engage in small group and whole-class discussions around the readings.
This class is also available in the following formats:
For Private or Small Group Lessons, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss scheduling options.