Advanced Intermediate Writing
In the Advanced Intermediate level, students will deepen their knowledge and enhance their English skills and fluency.
Using the best-selling Great Writing series from National Geographic publishing, students learn to write better sentences, paragraphs, and essays. Impactful National Geographic images open every unit and help to stimulate student writing. “Grammar for Writing” and “Building Better Vocabulary” sections give students the tools they need to not only improve their writing skills, but also to build up the grammar and vocabulary knowledge that helps improve their English in all areas.
In this class, students will:
- Follow the writing process of pre-writing/outlining, first draft, editing, and final draft
- Read model essays and analyze essay structure
- Write clear thesis statements and topic sentences and support these with examples and explanation
- Connect ideas with transition words
- Use a variety of sentence types (simple, compound, complex).
- Develop editing skills for punctuation, capitalization, and grammar
- Write a well-organized essay, including rough drafts, with personalized feedback from the instructor