Advanced Speaking & Listening
Whether a student’s goals are to improve English for professional, academic, or real-world purposes, the Advanced Level classes help them to achieve these goals.
In this class, students will:
- practice listening to extended passages on a wide variety of themes, such as radio reports, lectures, or interviews, as well as authentic conversations with common idiomatic expressions and natural speech
- learn note-taking skills and use their notes to answer comprehension questions
- further expand their receptive and productive vocabulary by studying synonyms, informal expressions, modals and politeness expressions, and nuances of meaning
- continue to work on fluency and pronunciation, including thought groups, focus words, intonation, and rhythm
- prepare and perform monologues or presentations as well as engage in extended, in-depth discussion for various topics