Advanced TOEFL Preparation
Whether a student’s goals are to improve English for professional, academic, or real-world purposes, the Advanced Level classes help them to achieve these goals.
Students learn and practice strategies to perform successfully on all sections of the TOEFL iBT. Students will be able to speak about, read, write, and comprehend academic material, including extended reading passages and lectures on academic subjects. Online materials include up-to-date information on recent test changes and new practice tests. Laptop or tablet required.
- Speak about, read, write, and comprehend academic material, including extended reading passages on academic subjects and semi-authentic and authentic lectures.
- Read and listen to expository passages on the TOEFL test and answer questions about facts, negative facts, vocabulary, rhetorical purpose, passage organization, pronoun reference, and more.
- Make inferences about material you have read or listened to.
- Synthesize information from academic reading and listening passages, and summarize the material in speaking or in writing.
- Practice and receive feedback on outlining and note-taking skills appropriate for university-level material.
- Speak, read, and write a sophisticated academic vocabulary, and recognize the meanings of common prefixes, roots, and suffixes.
This class is also available in the following formats:
For Private or Small Group Lessons, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss scheduling options.