Whether a student’s goals are to improve English for professional, academic, or real-world purposes, the Advanced Level classes help them to achieve these goals.
Special course focusing on descriptive writing through reading model essays written by English students. They will learn how to write an effective and interesting descriptive essay by means of reading, discussion, and following the writing process. Students will receive detailed feedback on their writing, in addition to learning appropriate high-level grammar, vocabulary, and writing conventions. The class uses materials available online and student-generated writing examples for reference and practice. By taking this course, the student is preparing for high-level writing suitable for university or the workplace.
After concluding this course, students will be able to:
- follow the writing process of pre-writing/outlining, first draft, editing, and final draft
- write a well-organized and interesting descriptive essay
- support ideas with examples and explanation
- connect ideas with transition words, phrases, and sentences
- use a variety of sentence types (simple, compound, complex)
- develop editing skills for punctuation, capitalization, and grammar
This class is also available in the following formats:
For Private or Small Group Lessons, please email email@example.com to discuss scheduling options.